We are currently accepting work for the 2018-2019 editions of LNC Spotlight. Students from any Valencia College campus may submit work for consideration.
General Submission Guidelines
- All submissions must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the e-mail’s subject line, please indicate the genre of work you are submitting.
- In your e-mail, please include a brief bio about yourself, along with anything you would like to add for the editors to know.
- Please send only one submission at a time and wait for our response. The editors will get back to you as soon as possible.
Fiction, Creative Non-fiction, and Reviews
- Please ensure that your piece is under 2,000 words.
- Attach the submission to the e-mail as a Word document or PDF file.
- Please send 1 – 3 poems in a single submission. There is no length cut-off for poetry, but please ensure that the poems are lineated and formatted the way you believe it should be published.
- There are no restrictions on style or form.
- Attach the poems to the e-mail in one Word document or PDF file.
- Please send 3 – 5 photographs in a single submission.
- Attach photographs individually as high-resolution .jpg files to the e-mail.
Mixed-media and other Art
- Please send 1 – 3 works in a single submission.
- Attach scanned or photographed .jpg files to the e-mail.
- Short film submissions should include a link to YouTube or Vimeo where the video is hosted in the copy of the e-mail.
- Original music submissions should include a link to SoundCloud (preferred), YouTube, or Vimeo where the song is hosted in the copy of the e-mail.